WIMcast™ - Wireless Interactive Multicast platform (patent # 2290768)
Server platform designed for data distribution in “point-to-multipoint” mode from WIMcast™ Server to mobile terminals such as mobile telephone, communicator, PDA or smartphone using different 2.5G or 3G bearers, aimed for periodical content broadcasting to all types of terminals, mentioned above.
Advantages and features of WIMcast™:
More than 1000 of multicasting media-channels working simultaneously;
Unlimited scalability on local and global level;
Built-in accounting (subscriber balance tracking) and billing (generation of CDRs);
Utilization of ‘content triggers’ to optimize workload of mobile network infrastructure;
Multicasting management by MNO and segmentation of audience (support of «channel group» feature, aimed to limit transmission of particular content to particular group of subscribers);
Easy multicasting management by subscribers using handy menus like tune / switch off, suspend / resume;
All subscribers are served, no matter of their current location - home network or roaming;
Direct connection to SS-7 is supported to optimize network workload (thanks to mobile network alerting) cost of traffic and to avoid SMSC overload;
High robustness of the system.
Purpose and tasks:
- Transmission of operator’s (MNO or MVNO) news and customer care information;
- Broadcasting of corporate content for corporate users;
- Multicasting of traditional mobile media-content and subject-matter content from mass-media;
- Distribution of software for smartphones and PDA and automated software upgrades (multicasting of trial versions of games and applets, downloading of games and other software, automated updates for any type of software and anti-virus packs);
- Multicasting of media-content, generated by mobile subscribers (retransmission of MMS, from one subscriber to unlimited number of “friends”, which tuned to the personal channel of originator, retransmission of content from Internet blogs to mobile subscribers etc.).